LET ME SHOW YOU WORKS OF ART
FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Are you finding the sheer abundance of treasures in these fantastic collections somewhat confusing?
Works of art always reflect the political, social and financial climates of their age. Let me explain why particular masterpieces can be found today in particular collections and how they survived the many armed conflicts since they were created!
The Albertina and its residents – A general tour through the Habsburg family apartments and the Albertina’s permanent exhibition: From Monet to Picasso – the Batliner Collection, which shows the development of art from Impressionism to Modernism.
Treat yourself to a general tour or discover individual works in detail: Learn all about the Upper Belvedere, Lower Belvedere, the Orangery, the Palace Stables, the magnificent gardens and view the highlights of the Österreichische Galerie.
The Belvedere houses one of the most impressive collections of Austrian art with works from the Middle Ages to the present day. The world’s largest collection of paintings by Gustav Klimt, masterpieces by Schiele and Kokoschka, prominent works by the French Impressionists and an outstanding collection of Viennese Biedermeier paintings.
MUSEUM OF FINE ARTS
The highlights of the Picture Gallery and the Kunstkammer of the Kunsthistorisches Museum – what could the great masters do to impress their clients, under what political, social and financial circumstances did their works enter the Habsburg collections? An interesting journey from the 15th to the 18th centuries.
The world’s largest collection of works by Pieter Brueghel the Elder and masterpieces by Vermeer, Rembrandt, Raphael, Caravaggio, Velázquez, Albrecht Durer, Lucas Cranach, Jan van Eyck, Rogier van der Weyden, Titian, Veronese, Tintoretto, Peter Paul Rubens, Anthony van Dyck, Gasparo Miseroni, Benvenuto Cellini, …
The highlights of the Leopold Collection – a foray through the art of the fin de siècle featuring key exhibits from the Wiener Werkstätte and the Secession. The collection also offers insights into Austrian art during the inter-war period and after 1945.
MUSEUM OF MODERN ART FOUNDATION LUDWIG
An overview of the main collections of Austria’s largest museum of international modern and contemporary art with an emphasis on Fluxus, Photorealism, Nouveau Réalisme and Viennese Actionism. Ideal in combination with a guided tour in the Leopold Museum or Belvedere.
KUNSTHAUS VIENNA - MUSEUM HUNDERTWASSER
Immerse yourself in the philosophy of the Austrian artist and doctor of architecture Friedensreich Hundertwasser (1928–2000), find out what could inspire your 5 senses and discover your own 5 skins!
The museum presents key works by Hundertwasser the painter as well as graphic works, applied art, architectural designs and examples of his ecological commitment.
LIECHTENSTEIN GARDEN PALACE
A stunning symbiosis of architecture, painting and sculpture. The museum boasts a fantastic collection of pietra dura and major works by Peter Paul Rubens, Anthony van Dyck, Sebastiano Ricci, …
YEARNING FOR HAPPINESS
The Beethoven Frieze is a thirty-four meters wide and two meters high opulent, ornamental “symphony”. Gustav Klimt sought to immortalize Beethoven’s “Ninth” and its interpretation by Richard Wagner depicting humankind’s yearning for happiness: weak humankind must overcome hostile forces such as disease, madness, lasciviousness and intemperance and can only find eternal happiness through the arts. A secessionist symbiosis of architecture, painting, sculpture and music executed with consummate perfection. A must-see for lovers of the European Anthem!
ENJOY ARTWORKS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD
IT DOESN'T HAVE TO COST THE EARTH
- Combined Ticket Albertina + Upper Belvedere + KHM + MAK + MUMOK + NHM + State Hall of the Austrian National Library + Technisches Museum Wien: Bundesmuseen Card
- Combined Ticket KHM + Imperial Treasury + Imperial Carriage Museum + Weltmuseum Wien + Theatermuseum + Schloss Ambras Innsbruck + Theseustempel: Annual Ticket KHM
- Combined Ticket KHM + Imperial Treasury: Treasures of the Habsburgs
- Combined Ticket Weltmuseum Wien + Imperial Armory + Collection of Historic Musical Instruments: Weltmuseum Wien
- Combined Ticket Schönbrunn Palace + Imperial Apartements in the Hofburg + Sisi Museum + Imperial Silver Collection + Hofmobiliendepot.Möbel Museum Wien: Sisi Ticket
- Combined Ticket Giant Ferris Wheel + Schönbrunn Zoo: Combined Tickets
- Combined Ticket KunstHausWien.Museum Hundertwasser + Leopoldmuseum: Combined Tickets
- Discounted Admission between Leopoldmuseum / Viktor Frankl Museum / Jewish Museum + Sigmund Freud Museum: Museum-Partnership